The Department of Civil Engineering was started in the academic year 2013-14 with an aim of promoting high quality education in the field of Civil Engineering. The academic activities of the Department emphasizes deep understanding of fundamental principles, development of creative ability to handle the challenges of Civil Engineering and the analytical ability to solve problems which are inter disciplinary in nature.
The department currently offers Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) degree program in Civil Engineering following the Anna University curriculum. The curriculum broadly covers the engineering subjects of related fields such as Surveying, Building materials & construction, Soil mechanics & Foundation engineering, Structural analysis & design, Hydraulics & Water resources engineering, Environmental Engineering, Transportation and Coastal Engineering.
B.E - Civil Engineering
As per the curriculum of Anna University, we do have the following laboratories.
- Surveying Practical Laboratory
- CAD Laboratory
- Strength of Materials Laboratory
- Applied Hydraulic Engineering Laboratory
- Soil Mechanics Laboratory
- Environmental Engineering Laboratory
- Concrete and Highway Engineering Laboratory
Programme Educational Objective 1
Core Competence: To provide students with Core Competence in mathematics, science and basic engineering fundamentals necessary to solve Civil Engineering problems to excel in professional careers and / or also to pursue advanced study or research.
Programme Educational Objective 2
Breadth of knowledge: : To train students with good breadth of knowledge in core areas of Civil engineering and related engineering so as to comprehend engineering trade-offs, analyze, design, and synthesize data and technical concepts to create novel products and solutions for the real life problems.
Programme Educational Objective 3
Professionalism: To inculcate students to maintain high professionalism and ethical attitudes, effective communication skills, to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects and diverse professional environments, and relate engineering issues to the society, global economy and to emerging technologies.
Programme Educational Objective 4
Learning environment awareness: To provide our students with environment awareness of the life-long learning needed for a successful professional career and to introduce them to written ethical codes and guidelines, performance excellence, leadership and demonstrate good citizenship.
The Program Outcomes of UG in Civil Engineering are:
1. Engineering Knowledge:Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering relevant to the Department of Civil Engineering.
2.Problem Analysis: Ability to analyze a problem, identify and formulate its solution in civil engineering.
3. Design/Development of Solutions: Ability to apply creativity in the design of system or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
4. Conduct Investigation of Complex Problem: Ability to conduct, analyze and interpret experimental results.
5. Modern Tools Usage: Ability to use the techniques of modern engineering tools necessary for civil engineering practice.
6. Engineer and Society: Ability to assess societal, health, safety, legal, cultural issues and responsibilities relevant to the discipline.
7. Environment & Sustainability: Ability to obtain Knowledge of contemporary issues.
8. Ethics: Ability to Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
9. Individual & Team work: Ability to function effectively, individually and on teams, to succeed a common goal.
10. Communication: Ability to communicate effectively in all forms.
11. Project management & Finance: Ability to understand the engineering and management principles as applicable to the civil Engineering programmers and apply these to manage projects as a member or leader of a team.
12. Life-long Learning: Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning.
|3||Mr. N Sathish||M.E.,||Asst.Prof.|
|6||Ms. T. Revathi||M.E.,||Asst.Prof.|