The department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 2006 with an intake of 60 students and increased to 120 in 2012 and again increased to 180 in 2013. The department has grown steadily and today it has 21 highly dedicated faculty members, 255 students and 7 lab Assistants.
The department organizes Guest Lectures, Seminars and various Training programs with the help of engineers and academicians of national and international repute to help students to keep abreast with the latest developments in the field of Mechanical Engineering. Our department, since its establishment has been in constant pursuit of excellence. Our endeavour has been to produce the best Mechanical Technocrats to serve the growing needs of the country in the field of Mechanical Engineering. Here we strive to produce world class professionals who can compete with the industry’s best brains.
We have Industrial Visits for the students by which they can gain the knowledge about the industries in which they are going to bloom. Every year the department organizes a National Level Technical Symposium christened as “Mechario” which attracts participation from numerous colleges from different parts of the country. The department has been accredited by ISO. The Placement record of the department is excellent and is towering every year. The department has an excellent and progressive academic record. Most of our students got placement in various reputed companies like CTS, K.H.Shoes Limited and Jain Cars (Chennai).
The course assists our engineering students in developing competence and confidence in creative application of design process. The department has spacious classrooms and well-equipped laboratories. The department has a dedicated fully air-conditioned CAD/CAM lab with 50 systems, all in a networked environment with un- interrupted power supply. These systems have the recent and most updated software's like Mechanical Inventor, Pro-Engineer, Ansys, Edge CAM, LAB View, Hydrosim and Pneumosim and they run on various platforms. The department offers free high-speed Internet facility.
The Department Library serves as a gateway to promote R&D activities by providing the recent journals and Magazines. The department library provides useful resources to students with books, International Journals, National Journals, Lab Manuals, Question banks and Project Reports.
B.E - Mechanical Engineering
As per the curriculum of Anna University, we do have the following laboratories.
- CAD Laboratory
- CAM Laboratory
- Mechatronics Laboratory
- Manufacturing Technology I & II Laboratory
- Dynamics Lab
- Metrology and Measurement Lab
- Thermal Engineering I & II Lab
- Strength of Materials Lab
- Fluid Mechanics and Machinery Lab
- Ansys Lab
- Engineering Practice Lab
Programme Educational Objective 1
Core Competence: To provide students with Core Competence in mathematics, science and basic engineering fundamentals necessary to solve mechanical engineering problems to excel in professional careers and/or also to pursue advanced study or research.
Programme Educational Objective 2
Breadth of knowledge: To train students with good breadth of knowledge in core areas of mechanical Department and related engineering so as to comprehend engineering trade-offs, analyze, design, and synthesize data and technical concepts to create novel products and solutions for the real life problems.
Programme Educational Objective 3
Professionalism: To inculcate students to maintain high professionalism and ethical attitudes, effective communication skills, to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects and diverse professional environments, and relate engineering issues to the society, global economy and to emerging technologies.
Programme Educational Objective 4
Learning environment awareness: To provide our students with environment awareness of the life-long learning needed for a successful professional career and to introduce them to written ethical codes and guidelines, performance excellence, leadership and demonstrate good citizenship.
The Program Outcomes of UG in Mechanical Engineering are:
1. Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialisation for the solution of complex engineering problems.
2.Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct Investigation of Complex Problem: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern Tools Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and mechanical tools, including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
6. Engineer and Society: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and mechanical tools, including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
7. Environment & Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual & Team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management & Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long Learning: Recognise the need for, and have the preparation and the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest.
|6||Mr.V. Praveen Kumar||M.E.,||Asst.Prof.|
|16||Mr. M. Ganesan||M.E.,||Asst.Prof.|