The department of Information Technology blossomed in the year 2001 with an intake of 60 students. The department has grown steadily and today it has 15 well qualified, highly dedicated faculty members catering to the needs of the students. The Department strives to develop relationships with Industries and market the students talents effectively. The department organizes Symposiums, Guest lectures, Seminars and various Training Programmes with the help of Engineers and Academicians of national and international repute to help students to keep abreast with the latest developments in the field of Information Technology.
The department offers a Value Added Course, “Oracle” with excellent lab facilities and outstanding resources. The Students are thus being provided high level Leads and Pathways that will enable them to gain access to a broad range of high potential career opportunities. The students and the faculty members are encouraged to involve in Research Activities, Innovative project work etc. The department has the facilities for various labs, well equipped seminar hall, department library and smart class room to support e-learning. Adding feather to the cap, the department has produced Anna University rank holders in the academic year 2007-08 and 2010-2011.
The course at GTEC with Anna University curriculum focuses on linking theory and practice, including a variety of hardware and software technologies and their applications. It is intended to equip students with the basic understanding and practical skills needed by the potential leaders of a challenging profession. A sound understanding of mathematical ideas is required throughout the course for both potential applications such as scientific computation and for analysing meticulously about the specification and behaviour of programs. Practical skills must also be developed and the majority of subjects within the course are linked with practical work.
B.Tech - Information Technology
The laboratory has a large network of up-to-date workstations for practical work and has internet facility, accessible from anywhere in the college including hostels. As per the curriculum of Anna University, we do have the following laboratories
- RDBMS Laboratory
- OOPS and Data Structure Laboratory
- Software Development Laboratory
- Networking Laboratory
- Cloud Computing Laboratory
Programme Educational Objective 1
Core Competence: To provide students with Core Competence in mathematics, science and basic engineering fundamentals necessary to solve hardware/software engineering problems to excel in professional careers and/or also to pursue advanced study or research.
Programme Educational Objective 2
Breadth of knowledge: To train students with good breadth of knowledge in core areas of Information Technology and related engineering so as to comprehend engineering trade-offs, analyze, design, and synthesize data and technical concepts to create novel products and solutions for the real life problems.
Programme Educational Objective 3
Professionalism: To inculcate students to maintain high professionalism and ethical attitudes, effective communication skills, to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects and diverse professional environments, and relate engineering issues to the society, global economy and to emerging technologies.
Programme Educational Objective 4
Learning environment awareness: To provide our students with environment awareness of the life-long learning needed for a successful professional career and to introduce them to written ethical codes and guidelines, performance excellence, leadership and demonstrate good citizenship.
The Program Outcomes of UG in Information Technology are:
1. Engineering Knowledge: Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, computing and engineering fundamentals appropriate to the Department of Information Technology.
2.Problem Analysis: Ability to analyze a problem, identify and formulate the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
3. Design & Development of Solutions: Ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate a system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs with appropriate consideration.
4. Investigation of Complex Problem: Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
5. Modern Tools Usage: Ability to use current techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for computing practice.
6. Engineer and Society: Ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
7. Environment & Sustainability: Knowledge of contemporary issues.
8. Ethics: Understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
9. Individual & Team work: Ability to function effectively individually and on teams, including diverse and multidisciplinary, to accomplish a common goal.
10. Communication: Ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
11. Project management & Finance: Ability to understand the engineering and management principles as applicable to the Information Technology programme and apply these to manage projects as a member or leader of a team.
12. Life-long Learning: Recognition of the need for and the ability to engage in continuing professional development.
|1||Mr.D.Durai Kumar||M.Tech.,||Associate Prof./Head|
|7||Ms. R. Sathiyapriya||M.Tech.,||Asst.Prof.|