Department Newsletter June-2018
Department Newsletter Dec-2017
Department Newsletter June-2017
Department Newsletter Dec-2016 Department Newsletter June-2016
Department Newsletter Dec-2015 Department Newsletter June-2015
Department Newsletter Dec-2014 Department Newsletter June-2014
Department Newsletter Dec-2013 Department Newsletter June-2013
Department Newsletter Dec-2012 Department Newsletter June-2012
The department of Electronics and Communication was started in the 2000 with 60 students intake and increased to 120 in 2006, is presently located in “Mahaveer Block”. The department offers UG and PG programs, taking into consideration the ever growing need of manpower trained in the field of Electronics and Communication. Over the years, the department has built up laboratories in the areas of Electronic Devices and Circuits, Digital and Logic Design, Microprocessors and Micro-controllers, Networks, Communication including Microwave and Optical Communication, Computer Communication and VLSI.
The M.E program in “Communication & Networking Engineering” was started in the 2007, with strength of 18.The teaching program contains a proper blend of basic concepts and advances in technology. The faculty has succeeded in keeping a lively atmosphere among the students, with timely upgradation in the curriculum and innovative teaching techniques. The teaching is closely coupled with the video – conferencing EDUSAT by ANNA UNIVERSITY, Chennai. The Department is having well equipped Electronics, Computer and Internet Labs with the latest technology hardware and software (OptSim, Xilinx, Matlab 2010b). Our department also offers the value added course “CISCO-CCNA”.
The Professional Society of our department is IETE Students forum which was started on 05th February 2010. Our department is also concentrating on conducting Seminars, Symposiums and Conference every year. The ECE Department has 30 full-time faculty who bring state of the art research, development and design experience into the classroom. Every facet of life today is impacted by electronics in one way or other. Either it is computers (Hardware) or communication (Multimedia) or a control, electronics is the link. The exciting world of electronics needs very good mathematical background and also an analytical mind. The opportunities in electronic field are countless; Application Developers, System Engineers, integrators and information technology. Infotainment enthrals the common man. Mobile telephony has shrunk the world.
Hazardous situations can be handled safely with electronic robots for disposing bombs, handling the wastes and precision operations. Subjects on digital systems, digital Signal processing, Image processing and neutral networks, VHDL and VLSI, digital communication, embedded system, Microprocessors and Micro controllers and Microwaves are studied as part of the course.
B.E - Electronics and Communication
M.E - Communication & Networking Engineering
- Electronics Circuits Laboratory
- Analog and digital Devices Laboratory
- DSP Laboratory
- VLSI Laboratory
- Communication System Laboratory
- Optical and Microwave Laboratory
- Microprocessor and Microcontroller Laboratory
- Networks Laboratory
Programme Educational Objective 1
Core Competence: To provide students with Core Competence in mathematics, science and basic engineering fundamentals necessary to solve Electronics and Communication Engineering problems to excel in professional careers and / or also to pursue advanced study or research.
Programme Educational Objective 2
Breadth of knowledge: To train students with good breadth of knowledge in core areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering and related engineering so as to comprehend engineering trade-off's, analyze, design, and synthesize data and technical concepts to create novel products and solutions for the real life problems.
Programme Educational Objective 3
Professionalism: To inculcate students to maintain high professionalism and ethical attitudes, effective communication skills, to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects and diverse professional environments, and relate engineering issues to the society, global economy and to emerging technologies.
Programme Educational Objective 4
Learning environment awareness: To provide our students with environment awareness of the life-long learning needed for a successful professional career and to introduce them to written ethical codes and guidelines, performance excellence, leadership and demonstrate good citizenship.
The Program Outcomes of UG in Electronics and Communication Engineering are:
1. Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and engineering specialization to the solution of complex Electronics and communication engineering problems.
2.Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature and solve Electronics and Communication Engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using fundamentals of engineering sciences and mathematics.
3. Design & Development of Solutions: Design the system and solutions for complex Electronics and Communication engineering problems for public health and safety with environmental deliberations.
4. Investigation of Complex Problem: Probe the complex problems using research-based methods including design of experiments, analyze and synthesize the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern Tools Usage: Create, select and implement appropriate technique, modern resources to predict complex Electronics and Communication Engineering problems with understanding of limitations.
6. Engineer and Society: Ability to assess societal, health, safety, legal, cultural issues and responsibilities relevant to the discipline.
7. Environment & Sustainability:Understand the impact of the Electronics and Communication Engineering conceptualization in societal and environmental contexts and to demonstrate the knowledge and need for the sustainability.
8. Ethics: Demonstrate Knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities.
9.Individual & Team work: Function effectively as an individual and as an member or leader in diverse teams and in multi disciplinary settings to accomplish a common goal.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on engineering community being able to comprehend and write effectively reports, presentation and give / receive clears instructions.
11. Project management & Finance: Understand the knowledge of engineering and management principles to apply as a member and leader to manage project in ECE environment.
12. Life-long Learning:Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
|1||Dr. A.MANIMEGALAI||B.E.,M.E.,Ph.D||Professor & HOD|
|2||Dr. D.Santhosh Kumari||B.E.,M.Tech.,Ph.D||Asst.Prof.|